A Jumpstreet Tour Leader is a tour guide, camp counsellor, entertainer, chaperone and role model wrapped into one inspiring young person. For the most part, we recruit our Tour Leaders through both referrals within the business and job postings on University websites.
We look for the following qualities:
- Professional yet fun-loving
- Positive and infectious energy
- Confident and outgoing
- Open-minded and approachable
- Disciplined and forward-thinking
- Resourceful and quick-thinking
After a rigorous interview, screening and training process - including background checks completed through an indepent agency - our Tour Leaders are hired to accompany your group 24/7 and bring your itinerary to life. As destination experts and multi-linguists, they act as an extension of your trip’s curriculum objectives. They also do much of the heavy lifting for you, such as:
- Guiding your group through the day’s activities;
- Helping everyone stay organized, prepared and on schedule;
- Assisting chaperones with head counts and bed checks;
- Safeguarding your group through busy streets and activity sites;
- Responding to emergencies and coordinating on-site support;
- Keeping your students engaged with stories, jokes, songs and games.