What is included in the cost of my child’s trip?
- Transportation by luxury motorcoach (train, air, or as required)
- Accommodations as per the itinerary
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- All activities on the itinerary
- Your Jumpstreet tour leader
- One complimentary trip for a teacher/chaperone for every ten students (or as required)
- Private night security guard (hall monitor)
- $25,000,000 in liability insurance
- 24 hour emergency support (while you're on tour)
- Bilingual and multilingual guides
- Your money placed in a bonded trust account
- Optional medical and/or cancellation insurance
- All taxes
- A lot of fun!
What is not included in the price of the trip?
How do I register my child for a trip?
- Sign the permission slip for your child
- Pay an initial deposit (Include payment for optional Refund Guarantee Protection Plan, Medical and/or Cancellation Insurance)
- Complete all required documents (Payment procedure & enrolment form, Behaviour, student health and medical information, liability release form and Compliance agreement)
- Complete payment schedule as detailed by head chaperone
How much spending money should I give my child for their trip?
What documents are required if my child is travelling to Canada from the USA?
Groups of Children:
U.S. citizen children under age 19 arriving by land or sea from contiguous territory and traveling with a school group, religious group, social or cultural organization, or sports team, may present a valid passport OR his or her birth certificate (are accepted: original, photocopy or certified copy), a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.
U.S. Passport Card
Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – available only in some states
Trusted Traveler Program Cards (NEXUS, FAST)
What should we pack for our trip?
PACK LIGHT! Everything should fit in ONE BAG and you should be able to easily carry your own luggage!
Make sure you carry everything you need before the hotel check in with you on the coach! This includes your wallet, travel papers, a watch, and a copy of the final itinerary. The key to successful packing for travel in North America is to dress in layers. Your top priorities are to keep warm and dry while being comfortable! With this in mind, here is a suggested list of what to pack:
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 pair of nice pants/skirt for dinner
- T-shirt/long sleeve shirts
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- A pillow for the motorcoach, especially if you are travelling overnight
- A watch so that meeting times can easily be remembered
- Passport and Identification (keep travel documents in your carry-on bag!)
- Canadian/US currency
- If you are staying in a youth hostel, please bring a towel
My child is going on a winter trip. What else should we pack?
Bringing appropriate winter gear is essential to being safe and having fun while on tour. Please don't leave home without:
- Warm and water resistant winter boots
- Long Underwear
- Winter gear like: warm and water resistant winter coat and snow pants
- Winter stuff like hats, 1-2 pairs of gloves, scarves, wool socks, etc.
- 1 warm sweater
My child is travelling in the spring or early summer. What else should we pack?
How are rooming assignments done?
What happens in case of rain?
How is the money we pay for our trip protected?
All money paid to Jumpstreet for your trip will be held in a trust account until the end of your trip. All payments received must be deposited in this account and must be used only to pay the vendors associated with your trip (bus, hotel, museums, etc.). Your money is protected, and your trip is guaranteed.
Should I buy medical insurance with the tour package?
Do you offer insurance?
By law, we must inform you of travel insurance options. We provide this information in your tour proposal. The trip-organizer is responsible for providing this information to all travelers and/or providing Jumpstreet with contact information for all travelers so that the company can distribute the information. If we do not receive their contact information from prior to your deposit deadline, we will assume that you have distributed the information yourself. Check your insurance coverage when you are travelling abroad. It is essential that participants purchase comprehensive insurance for trips abroad. Jumpstreet will not be held responsible for a Customer’s decision to not purchase insurance.